COVID-19 Precautions: Lucky Bar Farm is open and we are excited to welcome guests to our B&B home. We are proud to announce that we have completed our industry specific COVID-19 training with “Count On Me NC” which demonstrates a mutual commitment by participating businesses to keep everyone healthy and safe from COVID-19. In addition, we have implemented several enhanced sanitation standards recommended by the American Hotel and Lodging Association, the North Carolina Restaurant and Lodging Association, the CDC guidelines, and actions from government officials which include the local health department as well as the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services.
As you are already aware, the COVID-19 virus creates new risks associated with traveling. We practice social distancing with our guests, and fortunately, our property and home lend itself naturally to wide open spaces. We ask that you do not travel to Lucky Bar Farm if you have shown any symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days. These symptoms include fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting and diarrhea. If you have traveled outside of the country in the past 14 days, or are displaying any of the symptoms above, please call us as soon as possible to discuss your reservation and make alternative plans.
Deposits taken for cancelled stays due to COVID-19 may be used for a future stay and rescheduled or be refunded if you cannot reschedule for a later time. All guests agree to hold Lucky Bar Farm harmless in the event they believe they contracted the virus during their visit to our home. Any guest showing symptoms of COVID-19 during their stay will be asked to leave and any remaining balance will be refunded. We will continue to keep our health, as well as the safety, health and well-being of our guests our top priority. Lucky Bar Farm is our home and our sanitation efforts are 24/7.
In response to COVID-19, we are taking the following additional measures to ensure our already high standards of cleanliness.
- As a small, private 10-acre property, we offer guests the opportunity to retreat to nature and avoid crowds. Our property offers wonderful walking trails and plenty of outdoor space. We have three guest rooms and each guest room offers a full private bath en-suite.
- Our home offers separate areas for dining when requested.
- We are committed to frequent hand washing multiple times per day and hand sanitizer is available in all guest rooms and throughout our home.
- We have the ability to scan guests temperatures upon arrival and during your stay. We scan ourselves daily. We do this to ensure the safety of ourselves and our guests.
- On November 23, 2020, Executive Order No. 180 was issued by the Governor of North Carolina. This order requires face coverings in all indoor settings if there are non-household members present. Extra face masks and disposable vinyl gloves are available for guests upon request.
- We recently installed a brand new HVAC system in our entire home which includes the addition of UltraMAX UV light disinfection. These lights are known to reduce airborne viruses and bacteria resulting in healthier air throughout our home and are non-ozone generating.
- Common area doorknobs, handrails, light switches, pool lounges, porch rockers and other high touch areas are disinfected multiple times daily.
- Lucky Bar Farm is proud of its 100% Sanitation Grade awarded by the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services.
- Steve is certified by the National Registry of Food Safety Professionals as a Food Service Manager under the Conference for Food Protection Standards. Any food that is prepared will be done so under specific sanitation standards. This accredited program requires:
- Conducting Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Ensuring Personal Hygiene and Employee Health
- Preventing Contamination and Cross Contamination
- Ensuring Product Time and Temperature
- Actively Managing Controls in a Food Establishment
We want you to feel comfortable joining us and are happy to discuss any questions or concerns you have over the phone prior to your visit. We believe that people are looking forward to traveling again and getting outside. We want to help you do that with the least anxiety possible. Because of the location of the Lucky Bar Farm and the limited occupancy, we just might be the perfect choice for you. Call with questions! Steve can be reached at 919-274-2497 and Nancy at 919-741-7694. Let us know what we can do for you!