COVID-19 Precautions: Lucky Bar Farm is open and we are excited to welcome guests to our B&B home. We are proud to announce that we have completed our industry specific COVID-19 training with “Count On Me NC” which demonstrates a mutual commitment by participating businesses to keep everyone healthy and safe from COVID-19.
We have implemented several enhanced sanitation standards recommended by the American Hotel and Lodging Association, the North Carolina Restaurant and Lodging Association, the CDC guidelines, and actions from government officials which include the local health department as well as the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services.
The COVID-19 virus creates new risks associated with traveling. We practice social distancing with our guests, and fortunately, our property and home lend itself naturally to wide open spaces. We ask that you do not travel to Lucky Bar Farm if you have shown any symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days. These symptoms include cough, fever, chills, muscle pain, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell and a fever over 100.4 degrees. If you have traveled outside of the country in the past 14 days, or are displaying any of the symptoms above, please call us as soon as possible to discuss your reservation and make alternative plans.
On November 23, 2020, Executive Order No. 180 was issued by the Governor and will remain in place through December 11, 2020. This order requires face coverings in all indoor settings if there are non-household members present. Upon arrival at our B&B home, we also have the ability to scan guests temperatures as we scan ourselves daily. We do this to ensure the safety of ourselves and our guests.
Deposits taken for cancelled stays due to COVID-19 may be used for a future stay and rescheduled or be refunded if you cannot reschedule for a later time. All guests agree to hold Lucky Bar Farm harmless in the event they believe they contracted the virus during their visit to our home. Any guest showing symptoms of COVID-19 during their stay will be asked to leave and any remaining balance will be refunded. We will continue to keep our health, as well as the safety, health and well-being of our guests our top priority. Lucky Bar Farm is our home and our sanitation efforts are 24/7.
In response to COVID-19, we are taking the following additional measures to ensure our already high standards of cleanliness.
- As a small, private 10-acre property, we offer guests the opportunity to retreat to nature and avoid crowds. Our property offers wonderful walking trails and plenty of outdoor space. We have three guest rooms and each guest room offers a full private bath en-suite.
- We are committed to frequent hand washing multiple times per day and hand sanitizer is available in all guest rooms and throughout our home.
- Extra face masks and disposable vinyl gloves are available for guests upon request.
- Common area doorknobs, handrails, light switches, pool lounges, porch rockers and other high touch areas are disinfected multiple times daily.
- We have set up sanitation stations on each floor of our home to encourage sanitizing and disinfecting surfaces after use.
- Lucky Bar Farm is proud of its 100% Sanitation Grade awarded by the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services.
- When cleaning guest rooms in between guests, all soiled towels and linens are removed in a soiled linen cart and the room is fully disinfected prior to clean towels and linens arriving in a clean linen cart.
- We will not plan to enter your room during your stay to refresh anything, however, if you need anything at all, please ask and we will leave it outside your door.
- Steve is certified by the National Registry of Food Safety Professionals as a Food Service Manager under the Conference for Food Protection Standards. Any food that is prepared will be done so under specific sanitation standards. This accredited program requires:
- Conducting Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Ensuring Personal Hygiene and Employee Health
- Preventing Contamination and Cross Contamination
- Ensuring Product Time and Temperature
- Actively Managing Controls in a Food Establishment
We want you to feel comfortable joining us and are happy to discuss any questions or concerns you have over the phone prior to your visit. We believe that people are looking forward to traveling again and getting outside. We want to help you do that with the least anxiety possible. Because of the location of the Lucky Bar Farm and the limited occupancy, we just might be the perfect choice for you. Call with questions! Steve can be reached at 919-274-2497 and Nancy at 919-741-7694. Let us know what we can do for you!